Are you looking for an exciting challenge? For our R&D Department in Den Bosch, we are looking for a Software engineer.
Omron is an international manufacturer of controllers and drivers of modern machinery. Our products can be found primarily in machinery for the food, automotive and semiconductor industry. The R&D department in Den Bosch is our company’s knowledge center. Here we develop new technologies and products such as industrial PCs, safety products and systems, which our B2B clients can then use to build the perfect machine. Do you see this as an interesting challenge? For this multicultural department, we’re looking for: Software Engineer
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work in a multidisciplinary environment in close collaboration with mechanical, hardware and process engineers to develop Industrial Automation solutions with emphasis on reliability, quality and performance.
- Work with international R&D teams from the different Omron locations, both within Europe and Japan.
- Responsible for the development of new products for Industrial PC’s and machine integration.
- You analyze the requirements and create modular designs.
- You will implement code that will run on embedded environments, Linux or Windows systems.
- You will take part in design and code reviews of your colleagues.
- Become familiar with our product portfolio, technology & development process.
- You have an academic or equivalent degree (minimum BSc) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or comparable;
- You’re familiar with embedded development and aspect of IoT security;
- You are experienced with at least these programming languages (C, C++) and preferably C#;
- You are familiar with RTOS (Real-Time Operating Systems) development and know how to develop code in such an environment;
- You have 3 to 5 years work experience;
- You have a working knowledge of the Linux environment, and have developed code on it;
- You are familiar with Agile development practices e.g. Scrum, Kanban;
- You are familiar with modern build automation environment such as Jenkins, Gradle, etc;
- You’re familiar with Atlassian tools such as Jira and Confluence;
- You are methodical in your approach, with excellent judgment and good communication skills;
- You feel comfortable in an international environment and have a good understanding of the English language, both in speaking and writing;
- You are result oriented, responsible, thorough, and pro-active.
What can you expect of Omron?
Working at Omron means working in a dynamic, international organization. We are a Japanese company that is run by a local management. In Den Bosch you’ll find Omron’s biggest production location in Europe. Next to it we have a distribution centrum from which we supply all European clients.
We look forward to your motivation letter and your CV! If you are interested in this job and have the experience and skills we need, please apply through the application form including your resume and motivation letter (attn: HR Advisor, Sascha Sanchez)